Service Penetration Reporting
Dealer Groups also like to provide dealers with the ability for dealers to report on their service penetration. Service penetration is the proportion of vehicles serviced by a dealer from the total registered vehicles in that dealer’s Prime Marketing Area (PMA). This information should be displayed graphically, showing the trend in service penetration over time.
In addition, the following service penetration metrics can be displayed:
- Proportion of vehicles serviced from vehicles registered in PMA
- Service revenue ($) per vehicle from vehicles registered in PMA
- Aggregate Fixed Operations Reporting
- In conjunction with the reports that are deployed at the dealership, each OEM will most certainly require aggregate versions of the Service Performance Report, the Parts Performance Report and the Service Retention Reports.
- Aggregate versions of these reports allow corporate users to display performance reports and retention reports across the entire dealer network, or various segments of the dealer network.
- Most Dealer Groups categorise their dealers by size and by geographic area. As a result, Vital Software’s reporting can be segmented in various ways. Examples included, but are not limited to:
- By region – this may be by State or by general area “Southern Region”, for example
- y dealer size – typically an identifier representing the relative size of the dealer – this allows dealers of comparative size to be compared
- By zone – metro, provincial, rural